Yes, I enjoy a good twit! I’m an off and on again participant. Great way to meet people with similar interests from all around the world. On the occasion I want to boost my website rankings I may post my website link, or a blog post.
I’ve learned over the years to have a system in place to organize my followers because it can get out of hand. I have my favorites that I engage with and then I have those who just post great stuff. Most others I weed out. The way I determine who I don’t follow is like this:
1. The person has a zillion followers, but very low tweets…basically
people who just follow everybody to get their follow list up.
2. No Egg Heads (lacking a profile pic).
3. No variation in posts, ie lists of quotes or only links.
4. Low to no engagement/interaction with others.
5. People who only interact with others or only talk about their
6. Boring People, which cover #4 and #5.
To determine if I want to follow somebody I use Hootesuite to review their profiles. I have an account with SocialOomph that sends out this autoreply message: “Hi there! Engage me if you want me to follow you back. Just say Hi @AppraiserJenn Thank you –Jenn.”
So when somebody follows me I have a list set up in Hootesuite that shows my Outbox messages. If somebody does in fact “engage” me I look at that profile first of course. I go through my Outbox messages probably twice a month.
Not everybody agrees with my strategy, but it works for me.
-Just my thoughts.
Post Footer automatically generated by wp-posturl plugin for wordpress.